Today I’ll be sharing with you a very simple recipe. This bread we often make at home and even though my daughter doesn’t really like to eat it (unless I pour some chocolate mousse on top – she is all about chocolate!), she loves making it.
Very simple recipe that calls for a few ingredients and is great for making something quick when you expect guests on short notice.
You will need:
1 cup of sugar
2-3 medium bananas mashed
a cup of strawberries mashed or 4 tablespoons of strawberry jam
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/3 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence (optional)
1. Mix and mash bananas and strawberries
2. Melt the butter and pour it to the banana-strawberry. Add vanilla (optional) Mix well.
3. In a smaller bowl beat the egg. Add sugar and beat it together with the egg.
4. Pour egg & sugar mix into the banana-strawberry mix. Mix them together. Sprinkle baking soda and salt over and mix again.
5. Slowly add flour and mix thorougly.
6. Grease the baking form, dust it with flour and pour the mix. Even it out.
7. Bake at 180-185C for 40-50 minutes. Check with a match or toothpick.