I am thrilled to be back to annual 31 Days of ABCs, presenting you the first letter of the alphabet: A is for Aromatherapy for Kids.
One of my many hobbies is aromatherapy. I have been using oils and herbs in my home for many many years. I love oils. I love herbs. Unfortunately, I am allergic to some of them plants, but it doesn’t stop me from using Aromatherapy in my household and for when my family gets sick.
1. Aromatherapy play dough. When making play dough, add 1-2 drops of essential oils to match the colors and give a sense of different smell and experience to your child.
Here are some examples:
– Wild Orange Essential oil for orange color playdough. It is know for boosting the energy and focus when needed.
– Peppermint Essential Oil for green color playdough. This playdough is great to use when your child is congested.
– Lemon Essential Oil for yellow color playdough. This oils promotes positive mood and cognitive ability.
2. Making herbal teas and sharing them together. Chamomile, Chrysanthemum, Rose teas are just few of those that children can drink from as early as 1 year old (in moderate amounts). You can also mix different herbs and dry fruit, get your child’s assistance to put them all in a pot. And ask older children to pour hot water over them herb. Great idea to make teas in transparent cups and pots so you can observe how the leaves open up in hot water.
3. Herbal baths and foot soaks. These can be done from early on and with older children it could a fun craft project – to make herbal baths sachets. I love these recipes on The Happy Herbal Home .
Do you have any Aromatherapy recipes and ideas to share ? Please leave me a comment!
It’s time again for another fantastic month of alphabet fun with the 31 Days of ABC! All this month you can look forward to 31 more days of activities, crafts, books, apps, and more, all dedicated to teaching young children the alphabet.
I am so happy to be working with an amazing group of kid bloggers, who will be sharing their ideas with us in the coming days. So join us as we jump, skip, hop, and read our way through the alphabet this October!
Don’t forget to follow our 31 Days of ABCs Pinterest board for even more great ABC ideas!
31 Days of ABC
Teaching the ABCs – October 1
A – October 2
B – October 3
C – October 4
D – October 5
E – October 6
F – October 7