I am happy to participate in and be one of the first to post for 20 Days of a Kid-Made Christmas Ornaments Project, hosted by some of the amazing bloggers from KBN (Kid Blogger Network).
Living in China where Christmas has become a big deal (while not being an official holiday) and being an ESL teacher, over the past 20 years I’ve taught and made tons of Christmas crafts. I usually try to find something easy and fun for children to make. So, today I am introducing a Christmas Lantern to you! (This lantern is a great decoration for Chinese New Year and Mid-Autumn Festival too!)
What you will need:
2 paper cups
Paint (for finger prints decoration)
How to make it:
1. Put to cups together and secure them with a double-sided tape.
2. Take the paper off the tape and stick the ribbon over it.
3. Using pieces of double-sided tape and a smaller piece of ribbon, make a handle that the lantern will hang on.
4. Apply another round of double sided take on the bottom of the lantern. Tear crepe paper into strips. Take the paper off the double-sided tape and stick the strips of crepe paper over so that they hang down.
5. Using paint, have children decorate the lanterns with finger prints. This is probably the most fun they get while making this lantern!
6. Dry and decorate the tree or your house with the lanterns (be careful though to keep them away from Christmas lights!)
What are your favorite Christmas ornaments? Do you prefer making them or buying?
Would you like to join in on the fun too?!
Go to the landing page here, for this series that Melissa at Mama Miss is hosting.
Just link a KID-MADE ornament you’ve created with your kiddos (limited to 2 a day).
Add this pretty little ornament shaped button below to your blog post, or your sidebar, or somewhere on your beautiful blog letting me know you are joining in on the fun too!!
Label the ornament button: 20 Days of a Kid-Made Christmas: Ornaments
Link the ornament button to: the landing page for this series.
The link up will be open from December 1st until December 21st for all entries.
Make sure to pop by these other fabulous bloggers too, that are participating in this series…